Dr. Daniel Troy, MD
Board Certified & Fellowship Trained in Multiple Orthopedic Specialties, Specializes in Spinal Surgery, Shoulders, Knees, Total Joint Replacement, Orthopedic Trauma & Fracture Care
Dr. Troy received his undergraduate degree at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in electrical engineering and his medical degree from Rush Medical College. He finished his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Troy completed his fellowship training at the Hughston Sports Medicine Hospital in Columbus, Georgia where he focused on sports medicine injuries. He then went on to pursue further fellowship training in spinal surgery at the renowned Leatherman Spine Center in Louisville, Kentucky.
Dr. Troy serves several academic positions instructing orthopedic residents from the University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center and Midwestern Osteopathic Orthopedic residents. He also mentors medical students, emergency medicine residents and family practice residents.
Apart from this, Dr. Troy is involved in several research projects regarding the spine and sports injuries.
It should be noted that Dr. Troy is very passionate about diminishing the abuses that are occurring in the workers’ compensation industry. He currently is accepting referrals for IMEs in all areas of orthopedics and can provide the diagnosis and treatment of most work-related injuries.
Undergraduate Degree: University of Illinois at Champaign
Medical School: Rush Medical College
Residency in Orthopedic Surgery: University of Illinois at Chicago
Fellowships: Hughston Sports Medicine Hospital & The Renowned Leatherman Spine Center
SOUTHWEST CHICAGO AREA:
Areas of Specialty
- Lumbar, Cervical & Thoracic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Traumatic Spinal Cord injuries
- Adult & Adolescent Scoliosis
- Artificial Disc Replacements
- Total Joint Replacement including (Hip, Knee & Shoulder)
- Sports Medicine (Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist,Knee, Foot & Ankle)
- Arthroscopic Surgery Including (Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, Foot & Ankle)
- General Orthopedics
- Fracture Care
- Workers’ Compensation evaluations and treatment
- IME (Independent Medical Evaluations)