Dr. Dana Berns D.P.M.
Specializes in Podiatry, Foot & Ankle
Dr. Berns joined Advanced Orthopedic and Spine Care in September 2018 as a specialist in the operative and nonoperative treatment of foot and ankle disorders. She received training in all aspects of the foot and ankle and has a special interest in diabetic foot care and education, limb salvage, wound care, sports medicine, bunion correction, ankle arthroscopy, fracture care, and complex forefoot and rearfoot reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Berns earned her bachelor’s degree, with honors, from Loyola University Chicago and a doctorate degree in Podiatric Medicine from the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 2015. Dr. Berns completed a three-year surgical residency in trauma and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center in Chicago.
Dr. Berns believes that the best patient outcomes come from fostering a patient-doctor relationship focused on trust, and individualizing care for each patient. She is able to speak four languages (English, Russian, Polish and Spanish), which allows for stronger communication and comprehensive patient care. Dr. Berns is also an active member of the American Podiatric Medical Association and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Residency: Mercy Hospital and Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, North Chicago, IL
SOUTHWEST CHICAGO AREA:
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Illinois Podiatric Medical Association
Areas of Specialty
- Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Acute and Chronic Ankle Sprains
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Lateral Ligament Repair
- Bunion and Hammer Toe Correction
- Foot and Ankle Arthritis
- Forefoot and Rearfoot Reconstructive Surgery
- Heel Pain Treatment
- Sports Injuries Treatment
- Trauma and Fractures of the Foot and Ankle
- Limb Salvage
- Wound Care
- Diabetic Foot Care and Education
- Workers’ Compensation Evaluations and Treatment